Religious Exploration for Youth
Our Religious Exploration program for youth is a child-centered exploration of spirituality and ethical values. Grounded in our eight principles, we guide children and youth in developmentally-appropriate exploration of who we are in the world, and how we can be in relationship with each other and with the earth. Our Religious Exploration classes are not school. We rely on nature, music, discussion and play to help children explore their beliefs and the world around them.
Program Goals include:
- demonstrate to children that they are important and that they are loved
- inspire wonder and curiosity for each other and for the world around us
- explore ethical values, guided by our seven principles
- encourage respect and tolerance for difference
- expose children to ideas of world religions and traditions
Safety: Our Congregation has adopted a Safe Congregations Policy designed to create a consistently safe environment for children and youth.
Click Here to read the UUCSF Safe Congregation Policy
September 25; October 9 & 23; November 6 & 20; December 11 & 18
Our Eight Principles, with language adjusted for children, guide how our children covenant with each other.